Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Dinner for 2!

Here at home its just the two of us (plus our two dog children, but they eat dog food only) so I am constantly looking for recipes for two. I recently found this awesome website and she had recipes for dinners for two for a whole week! Bonus: $40 was the grocery cost!! Look for the link at the end of this post. So I went for it. It turned out AMAZING! You need to know that before I started this, my boyfriend was the one who made dinner, so I had basically no cooking experience. Here are pictures of all the meals...

Roasted Chicken with Baked Potatoes and Green Beans


Chicken Quesadillas

Pork Stir-Fry



Flat-bread Pizzas


BBQ Pork Sandwiches and Pasta Salad


Jambalaya


 Spaghetti (I forgot to take a picture before we ate it)

I LOVED THIS MENU PLAN! It gave me some cooking skills and it has saved us some $$! I was able to do all my shopping for $38.49! Definitely brought my grocery bill down.

So for my boyfriend, his favorite was the chicken quesadillas. They were so stuffed and filling!! My favorite was the Jambalaya. I have learned that cooking with chorizo for something other than breakfast is an amazing idea! Here is the link! Dinner for two for $40. On a side note, I did some research and there is a 2nd edition of this fabulous menu plan. Here is the link for that. Dinner for two Part Two

No comments: